“Dinner Party” was created for the MQG QuiltCon 2020 Fabric challenge. It uses 3 of the 4 fabrics presented in the Hoffman batik challenge. After working on my tiny log cabin quilt, I decided I want to continue progressing and try curved FPP with a similar technique. I tested my technique out on a mini quilt prior to making this quilt, and made several tweaks to improve it.
“Dinner Party” was paper pieced with 1/8″ feature stripes throughout, using Aurifil 50wt thread, composed in quarter circle blocks. The original intended composition was going to be more planned with all of the quarter circles facing the center point of the quilt, but it evolved and I went with a more random layout with spacer blocks of the same fabric mixed in. It was quilted on a longarm, using a mix of matching thread in Aurifil 50wt. Binding was added in matching, pieced fabric.